Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Compensation

Today we had our pratical on method to separate plasma protein by electrophoresis, that is using electricity to separate components of plasma protein in blood based on their different electrical charges. There were 24 groups of students in total, so first 12 groups did it first for today.

When we settled down and turned towards the scientist, he explained the method, and later he said:

"The fact is, we only provided 9 sets of materials. So you guys share among... "

How could this happen laaa?! So disappointing!

But I managed to get 1 set, heheh.


Left: Chun's agar plate. Right: my agar plate.

The above were the result of the separation. Notice that my separation column was shifted lower compared to Chun's.

This is because when I applied the plasma protein onto the agar plate, the plasmas were accidentally applied lower than the expected margin. Thus the plasmas diffused all along the way until they 'collided' with the printed numbers.

Since the resources were so scarce and everyone in my group was staring at me when I was doing the experiment, I was so anxious that it could not make it and that the plamas would diffuse out of the plate.

Luckily the plate was made to be much longer that needed. To compensate careless mistakes made by people like me, haha.

No matter what we do, we should consider also the compensatory action, in case mistakes occur. Isn't that wonderful?

2 comments:

Just Mii said...

hey...teacher!!!
is me!!!
hui ling!!!
6B de!
haha
I get 4A in UPSR!!!
so happy...

cherry said...

compensation...good good..
u learned something more then others from than experiment..hee...