Monday, November 3, 2008

Clock

Another precious sunny day.


Blue bear.

After finished sixth form, I was in a primary school in Kajang, in which I spent 6 months of my darkest life there as a temporary teacher, haha.
.
Everyday I woke up around 5.45 am and started to shudder at the thought of spending another day teaching those kids. During a normal Thursday, which was the heaviest day, what I did is:

7.10 am - Awoke from my slumber, grabbed the 六年级地方研究 textbook, teachers' guide and a rotan, sometimes a teaching aid (pictures, models etc.) and walked into class 6A.

8.10 am - Barely alive from answering those kids' bombarding questions like "How did the universe form?" and "Was humans from monkeys?" and slumped into my desk and started marking Bahasa Melayu exercise books. Think it's fun? Think twice.


Rare.

Always.

And you have to do it one by one, no matter how many wrongs, you have to pin it out and make sure that they do correction after returning the books to them.

10.00 am - The time when my adrenaline rush peaked and I felt like running away. Usually I would equip myself with some strings and tapes, and of course, the magical rotan. Then I would duly walk into class 4H (4Hantu?).

Then it followed with an hour of zoo- keeping and monkey- catching that pushed your mental endurance to the limits. Yes I was teaching Bahasa Melayu, but I would spend half of the time disciplining them. This was the toughest class to be controlled. Not only they were academically weak but also, disciplinary loose.

There was just too much to be disclosed. When I was teaching this class, there was never a day that I did not count down to the day I can finally enter university and leave this mess.
.
11.00 am - By this point I would not have much difference from a 死鱼 (sei yu).
.
But it did not stop there, I have to quickly jog back to my desk, grab 四年级地方研究 textbook and enter 4C. Then started asking: "How is your project going on? Any problem?" Then some kids would come up and feeding me with their ugly but diligent paintings and asked: "老师这样可以吗?" Then later on I had to tell them to settle down and start my lesson or else they would explode and scatter here and there...
.
Imagine doing these while you were exhausted!
.
12.00 pm - 5C 生活技能. I could only relax a little by this point, since the kids in this class was quite obedient and hardworking. But if you bring them to the working room, you would be shouting until you were so tired you crawled out of the school at the end of the day.
.
Then the bell rang at 1pm. The most beautiful sound in the world.
.
That was basically what I did in a normal Thursday.
.
5 days in a week.
.
6 months.
.
Of suffering!
.
Not entirely, though.

4 comments:

Arcadianic said...

hahaha..luckily iam teaching secondary sch not primary sch or else i wil die..i very sien lo last time coz i only hv abt 4 period 1 day.then the rest i wil sleep in bilik guru or chat with my students.hahaa:P

Unknown said...

wahhhhhhh!
so shuang!
sigh i guess different school different experience... but i never regretted teaching those kids la. :)

~M[a]rY~ said...

hey... now onli u guys know teaching is not an easy job yea.. so think back if u ever did complain bout ur teachers b4 or talk bad bout them... sometimes it's just they are too tired or can't control anymore.
now that u've been thru' those moments, so appreciate teachers more ya!!

cherry said...

hee...my friends that work as temporary teacher in primary school all complianing their students...childrens nowadays very outgoing and x scared teacher .not like last time guai guai de.hee hee.